We’ve been collecting data over many semesters on what factors lead to the most successful implementation of our course, and we are seeing a clear pattern. Here are the best practices that emerged across our participating schools.
- Consider showing the entire class the welcome video in advance as a way of introducing the experience.
- Set the clear expectation that completing all four lessons and all of the Daily Beats is a formal class requirement.
- Give dedicated time in class for students to complete the lessons and Daily Beats.
- To increase completion of the daily beats over the weekend, have students download the Evidence Based Courses app on their phone. This will also increase the likelihood that they will keep practicing once the course is over.
- Use the discussion guide to have a brief conversation after at least the first lesson (at the end of the Implementation Guide attached below).
These steps seem to make a big difference in student engagement and outcomes. For granular details on how to implement the course, check out the Implementation Guide attached.